Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is one of the most important Healthcare compliance requirements for companies working with healthcare related data. This data is commonly referred to as Protected Health Information (PHI). Albatross has implemented rigorous controls to satisfy any organization looking to host on HIPAA compliant infrastructure.
HIPAA, requires the following general guidelines to be implemented by hosting providers.
Please continue reading to learn more about how Albatross adheres to those guidelines.
Albatross seeks to implement policies and procedures to prevent, detect, contain and correct security violations by:
- Identifying Relevant Information Systems such as EPHI
- Implementation of Risk Management programs
- Development of Sanction Policies on Albatross members
- Regularly review logs and system activity.
- Define assigned responsibility for security HIPAA standards by assigning a Albatross officer
- Implementations of procedures for authorization and supervision
- Albatross conducts training on HIPAA related guidelines and procedures
- Put control to protect from malicious software
- Development of Business Associate Agreements
Physical Safeguards Procedures
- Implementation of facility access controls
- Develop policies around workstation use
- Implement workstation security controls
- Enforce device and media controls
Technical Safeguards Procedures
- Develop access controls
- Develop audit controls
- Develop person entity authentication
- Enforce security during data transmission
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.